As the summer starts to vanish, a bright new school year appears. Children are either excited to meet up with their friends again or distraught that another school year approaches. Whatever the case, they will need some supplies to make this upcoming year, a successful one.
Here is some basic essentials, you will need when you purchase your kids supplies.
– Pencils (Remember they required that you use an HB2 pencil when we wrote those dreaded CAT tests. Are those still a thing?)
– Eraser (For all those mistakes we never make)
– Ruler (Using your thumb to pinky is not an accurate measurement)
– Scissors (Don’t Run with these suckers)
– Calculator (For when long division on a chalkboard gets too lengthy)
– Compass/Protractor Kit (I don’t know if we ever used the compass, drew a pretty circle once though!)
– Notebooks (Let the daydream doodling begin)
– Glue (Hope and pray your kid isn’t the “glue eating kid”)
Then of course there are the higher end supplies that kids need now; the stuff that we didn’t even know existed.
– Laptop (Apple, Chromebook or Microsoft) – “All the right type, here we come!”
Make sure you do your “homework” on these laptops as they each have a different system and have different apps installed on each of them.
– Backpack (When your kid thinks a grocery back isn’t “cool enough”)
– Lunch Kit (Paper bag with a smashed peanut butter and jam sandwich at the bottom sounds good to me!)
– Gym Clothes / Shoes (Used to love playing volleyball in corduroy pants; melt your legs right off!)
Some kids are very organized, which is a rare, but fantastic trait. For those needing the finer things in life, (I mean) school supplies, here are some of those items that can help keep your kids school career on track.
– Paper clips, staples, tape, rulers, rubber bands, sticky notes, highlighters, or even an assignment planner; they may not be required, but useful to keep things organized for the school year.
When registering for the upcoming year, make sure you review the textbooks and class requirements, to be sure you have all the supplies needed for your child. Each teacher will have a different curriculum and it will be important to have the right gear for your kid. After school extra curriculars are important too, as they will help get your kids out and create a social life outside the classroom. Not facebook social, the other kind of social; where you play in the park with sticks and eat dirt, kind.
Here are some links to get you started. Good luck, and all the best in the upcoming school year!