Halloween is so much fun, you get to see your kids dress up in the cutest (okay, sometimes ridiculous) costumes and scour the neighborhood for candy and treats!
Halloween is meant to be fun, we just want to talk quickly about some simple safe tips to make sure no problems arise!
For your trick or treaters:
1) Keep it light and bright! If the costumes are dark, try and put some reflective tape on it to ensure your littles are seen once it gets dark out!
2) If your children are wearing a mask, make sure it is breathable!
3) Make sure costumes are flame resistant! There are lots of jack o lanterns that will have open flame going and having a costume super flammable may result in injury or burn!
4) If your children are young, make sure you go trick or treating with them. If they are older and you are confident in them going it with friends, make sure you know there route and give them a flashlight!
5) Check over your kids’ treats when they return for any treats you are not comfortable with them consuming (and of course, eat a couple pieces yourself)
1) Make sure any candles that may be in pumpkins are not near curtains or anything that could move and catch flame.
2) Make sure candles are out of reach of curious little hands of trick or treaters
3) If you can, use a battery candle in place of real candles.
4) Check the exterior of your home for hazards, sharp objects, open wires, etc.
Last but not least, have fun with it! Dress them up, take those pictures and create those lasting memories that your kids and you will treasure forever!